Thursday, June 19, 2008

Water Ice On Mars

While packing up from a sort of late work day and talking to my mother on the phone, I read a tweet from from MarsPhoenix reporting that Water Ice had just been found on the surface of Mars. So I passed the news right on to Mama as, "Hey, they just found water ice on Mars. I just got a text message from the robot they sent up there." And I give the quick run down of the lander and how I come to get a text message from it.

"Just imagine how far we've gone. In 1900, your Pappa wasn't even alive, there weren't many cars, and no airplanes. And now we've sent robots to Mars that are making ice water and sending you messages about it."

Yeah, kinda cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention that back in 1900 we'd lock up someone who said they hoped to find ice water on Mars, much less grow asparagus there.